Castor Oil - Organic 4oz
Return Policy: Within 30 days of receipt if dissatisfied. Details
What to Expect after order placement: Details
Shipping & Delivery: Free Standard USPS within the Continental U.S. on orders over $100* Details
New 4oz size is now 33% bigger and packaged in glass bottles!
Tummy Temple uses only the highest quality virgin, hexane-free, cold pressed 100% organic castor Oil.
Castor oil is derived from the bean of the Palma Christi plant. It has a unique chemical profile rich in ricinoleic acid and has traditionally been used to strengthen the immune system, increase lymph circulation, balance the autonomic nervous system, increase liver activity, and improve digestion. Some of the numerous uses of castor oil include support for people with fibroids, ovarian cysts, congestion of abdominal organs, skin conditions, adhesions from surgery, breast cysts, arthritis and liver conditions.*
- Optional - You may warm the bottle of castor oil first by placing it in a warm bowl of water for a few minutes.
- Apply castor oil onto abdomen or other area of concern (i.e. breast) and then place a piece of unbleached, uncolored flannel wool or flannel cotton over the area.
- Place a heat source on top of the fabric (i.e. hot water bottle or heating pad). You want the heat quite warm but no so hot you get burned. If needed, you can place plastic wrap between the flannel and the heat source to keep your heat source from getting covered in oil.
- Hang out for anywhere from 30-60 minutes. Relax and read a book, meditate, listen to music or watch a mellow show.
- You can keep your flannel in a zip lock bag and reuse it numerous times by just adding more castor oil as needed. Eventually you will want to wash your piece of flannel and start fresh.
- Frequency: Every other night for 3 weeks with the 4th week off and then continue once a week until symptoms subside. For acute situations use 30minutes nightly for 5 nights, take two nights off, then repeat the cycle for two weeks or until the condition is resolved.
- QUICK AND EASY METHOD - instead of using cotton or wool flannel and heat on top of castor oil you could just put on an old T-shirt you don’t care about and go to bed.
Caution: Do not use castor oil packs during times of heavy bleeding or pregnancy. Castor oil is not recommended for internal use. Do not fall asleep while using a heating pad or you may get burned.
Please note: Castor oil will stain clothes and sheets so be sure to take precautionary measures such as wearing older clothes or using an old towel underneath you to protect furniture or bedding.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.